QuickBooks has the most efficient tools and features that help users and make accounting effortless. To make most of this feature, users need to download its updates from time to time. Here we are talking about payroll services in QuickBooks. There are instances when QuickBooks error 557 shows up on the screen while trying to update payroll. It usually happens when a user downloads a payroll update after upgrading QuickBooks to a new version. However, we can fix it by updating the software to the latest release. To know detailed troubleshooting procedures and causes behind QuickBooks payroll error 557, read the blog until the end.
If you are tired of dealing with QuickBooks error 557, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get immediate technical assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Top reasons causing error 557 in QuickBooks
Check out the list of causes that give rise to this payroll error:
- Expired payroll subscription of QuickBooks.
- Working on an outdated QuickBooks program.
- Faulty installation of QuickBooks.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
Top 3 Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop error 557
Solution 1. Get a new QuickBooks Desktop update
- Close company files and then close the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator option and go to the No Company Open screen.
- On the prompt window, select the Help tab and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Options tab and click the Mark All button.
- Click the Save button, head to the Update Now tab and select the Reset Update checkbox.
- Once you’re done, click Get Updates and open QuickBooks.
- Install the update and restart your computer.
Solution 2. Enter service key to activate payroll subscription
- Open the QuickBooks company file, select Employees and click Payroll.
- Choose Enter Payroll Service Key and click Add.
- Enter your service key, click Next and then Finish.
- Click OK when the payroll update message prompts on the screen.
- Now, check if your payroll service status is Active and then click OK.
Solution 3. Use QB Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Close all company data files and then the QuickBooks program window.
- Open your browser and start downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- Save the downloaded file at a place where you can easily find it.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, and perform the on-screen instructions to start installing the tool hub.
- Select to mark the agree to the terms and conditions to complete the installation process.
- Move to your Windows desktop, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, and select the Installations Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait for around 20 minutes for the tool to complete.
- When Install Diagnostic completes the repair process, restart your device.
We hope this blog helps you fix QuickBooks error 557. If the problem continues even after following the above steps, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
This blog is posted on www.faeriebliss.com